Imagine you have been shortlisted for the managerial hotseat at Sincil Bank. The time arrives when the Chairman says to you: ” What questions would you like to ask the panel ?”
Asking if you are allocated a car parking space is not much good. Neither will wanting to know if you are entitled to free meals in the restaurant.
These are some of the more relevant questions you may pose:
- What sort of annual budget am I looking at?
- Do I have a free say about the players I may want to bring in ?
- What type of bonus would I receive if we won promotion to the Football League?
- What happens if I want to bring in my own backroom staff?
- Would I have complete autonomy over affairs on the pitch and transfer/loan deals?
And if you are offered the job your final question should be: “When would you like me to start?”
Can you think of any more questions? If so send us an email.