This year, awards and prize money will be presented for the categories of:
- Professional Community Programme of the Year Award – sponsored by The Professional Footballers’ Association.
- Added Social Value Award – sponsored by Substance.
- Volunteering Award – sponsored by Join In.
- Mental Health Award – sponsored by Hiscox.
- Innovation Project Award.
Each of the five category winners will receive £1,000 to help boost their work.
Any club, programme, scheme or initiative representing any of the Sport and Recreation Alliance’s 313 members sports or recreational activities is eligible to apply for the awards except for winners of the previous award categories in 2016, or clubs or programmes of which a Sport or Recreation Alliance staff member has an interest in.
The Awards are free to enter, and clubs can make multiple applications in different categories. All shortlisted applications will be verified with governing bodies.
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony taking place in July 2017 in London.