Lincoln United have every chance of making the First Round of the FA Cup.
I predict they will.
- Going in as underdogs is always a motivator. Sam Wilkinson’s men are classed like this purely because they are in a league lower than Saturday’s opposition.
But beware the underdog that bites back. On paper, yes but in practice I can assure you that 11 players from Spennymoor Town will face 11 players from Lincoln United when the game kicks off at 3 pm.
In my book that makes all things equal.
2. Lincoln United have almost forgotten what it’s like to lose. The Ashby Avenue outfit are unbeaten in eight games. Tuesday evening’s 3-1 win at Romulus is testament to a team in form.
I believe Spennymoor will find United’s winning streak a hard habit to break.
3. Spennymoor Town are bringing at least three coach loads of supporters which is a magnificent effort. This is good for the Whites as a club. However it is especially for the Lincoln United players who revel in the type of atmosphere created at the Sun Hat Villas.
4. Playing a tough game away Tuesday would have been beneficial to the Whites. Winning makes you feel good. Progression in all three cup competition becomes an obsession.
5. The team spirit and camaraderie of these players has been mentioned many times. What is sometimes overlooked is the quality and skill of the team. They play as a unit not as individuals.
The unit that is Lincoln United will exhibit the necessary flair, creativity, skill and quality that will overcome higher-league Spennymoor Town on Saturday.
ALWAYS LOOK ON THE WHITE SIDE OF LIFE